Boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just (well almost) finished an installation using a Glow Worm,Flexicom 15hx boiler. I wired it all up today and when the boiler tried to fire up i had a bit of a surprise. There was a mini explosion inside the boiler and it then went to fault code F1. ??? maybe a gas problem the installation instructions tell me. So I checked all the gas and found no problem. I had purged the gas as normal before i started the boiler so it can’t be air. I reset the boiler and tried again. Same thing again but with slightly a bigger bang. Sounds like a backfire from a car. At this stage i though the boiler was going to fly off the wall so I turned all gas off and went though some checks again but to no avail. Fan runs, ignition sparks and all wiring is right. Checked inlet pressure on gas valve and this went from 0 to 20mb in about 30 seconds. Not straight up as usual. Disconnected valve on outlet side and gas flows freely. I’m stuck. Can anyone help? Never had this before with any boiler. First time using this boiler

does not sound like anything you would have done,so it seems like a call to the manufacturers first thing Monday morning

Sounds like to much gas in chamber before ignition for some reason

imho

Id not do anything to it now apart from phone glowworm up.

This worries me. I gotta go commission 4 of the things on monday!

before calling glowshed check you dont have reversed polarity as if you do they would be in rights to charge you,but i agree it sounds like gas problems

Are the gas connections from the gas valve to burner are nice and tight?

Electrode gaps are correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back