boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiem1560

i drained down some of the system from the downstairs rad drain off valve to remove the upstairs bathroom rad and once it was removed i capped off the pipes then i released the air from all the rads once i had done that turned the boiler back on but heard a bang from the boiler and now wont light back up again dose anyone have any idea what the problem is ????????????

Welcome to the forum , first off what boiler is it would be a huge help

not actualy at the job now but all i can say is its a thrmostate boiler with pilot light if thats any help??

not actualy at the job now but all i can say is its a thrmostate boiler with pilot light if thats any help??
Need a lot more info mate, nothing to go on so far, get back to us when your with the boiler. Need to know what boiler it is, is it a combi or system boiler? Is it pressurised or tank fed etc etc etc.......

Welcome to the forum, without any more information I'm not sure any of us will be able to advise you on what problem is other than it is broke. Remember you need to be a GSR (with boilers ticket) to fix the appliance.

no its not a combi its an old boiler with a hot water cylinder with one of thos red pumps next to it is that any more help and how would i know if its tank fed?

no its not a combi its an old boiler with a hot water cylinder with one of thos red pumps next to it is that any more help and how would i know if its tank fed?
so are you saying you were able to fill the system up without any issues?

i know i need to be GSR im not trying to fix it just want to know what could have happend to it and that if it is me that has caused it i think i didnt releas all of the air out of the rads because befor the bang there was a ratteling sound from the pipes so i had another go at bleeding the rads and the pump but the boiler still wont egnight?

i know i need to be GSR im not trying to fix it just want to know what could have happend to it and that if it is me that has caused it i think i didnt releas all of the air out of the rads because befor the bang there was a ratteling sound from the pipes so i had another go at bleeding the rads and the pump but the boiler still wont egnight?
sounds like either a resettable high limit stat has popped due to air entrapment or you have cooked the pump brand of boiler would greatly help your chances of getting the correct answer

leave it well alone & get a gas safe engineer in!!!! You obviously have no idea...........

no but im not touching the gas

Sorry, but it has been agreed among the regular uses of the forum, not to give gas related advice to none registered/qualified persons. I hope it doesn't discourage you from continuing to use the forum for other plumbing related topics.

Sorry, but it has been agreed among the regular uses of the forum, not to give gas related advice to none registered/qualified persons. I hope it doesn't discourage you from continuing to use the forum for other plumbing related topics.

Problem being they will just goto another forum where someone will chirp away quite merrily how to do it all , catch 22

Very kindly put Orry.

Eddie, the basic reason we took the above decision is because non qualified people could quite easily kill themselves or their families by illegally working on their boiler. The last thing any of us wants is that on our consciences.

Please get a gsr in, or post your location up, one of us might be local to you.

And Orry says, please carry on asking us plumbing related questions!

the reason i have asked about a high limit stat is if the boiler has one,it may be a simple case of resetting,you dont need to be gsr to do that,unless of course the door needs to come off,however i will back everyone else up 110% if it comes down to a safety issue

Agree with gas man said, have a look under if you see reset button , its just maybe popped that should do. and keep chasing your air bubble, check pump too, maybe need bleeding too. had same problem couple days ago.

If you dont find reset, please call a qualified engineer ;)

Reset button is in so many different places on different boilers, wouldn't want to encourage someone to search for it, best if we know what boiler it is before we start giving customer use advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
wait till cold , then drain/fill to 1bar and...
Replies
Views
Back