Boiler programmer clicking on and off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler programmer clicking on and off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcuswrx

Hi all,

I have an Ideal Concord WRS boiler which is around 20 years old. It runs the central heating and also heats the water in the cylinder upstairs. The programmer which controls this is a Danfoss FP975.

The issue I have is that the programmer at random times when the central heating is on will just start clicking on and off as if it is trying to light the boiler despite it actually already been lite. It does not do this if you just have the boiler on to heat the cylinder, just when the central heating is on. Also I find that sometimes, not always, when it is running fine and not clicking, I will go to turn the kettle or microwave for example on which are located in different areas of the kitchen and then that triggers the programmer to start clicking again, once the ketttle is boiled the programmer stops clicking??

Very confused at moment as not sure if its a faulty programmer, boiler or something with the electrics in the kitchen.

Any help/advise given appreciated.

Thanks

Marcus :)

Hi Marcus

This sounds like an electrical fault in the kitchen wiring, maybe a loose neutral. Do you know any electricians who maybe able to come and take a look?

Thanks for that, I could check the sockets myself and make sure the connections are all connected and tightened properly. Certainly worth a try rather than getting new programmer first.
Thanks
Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

OK so I looked at the microswitch last night...
Replies
Views
Academic now but I installed one of these as a...
Replies
Views
If it’s a new build then get the developer back?
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
Back