Boiler Pump Myson advice needed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Pump Myson advice needed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I want to check if my pump is still working, it's a myson pump with a hexagonal screw in the centre, do I take the whole screw out as shown in most videos & is there a smaller screw behind it? I've bled the water that was in there but only one radiator is getting luke warm and that's the closest to the system. Any advice appreciated

20181214_130103.jpg

That screw just loosens anti clockwise and will not come out.
You just fully loosen it and pull it out and then it locks internally into the pump spindle and you can turn it to see if pump isn’t seized.
There will be some water as it is also a bleeding point.
(Other brands and types of pumps are different and the screw in them is only a cover for to vent or remove to see spindle)

Often the impeller can become detached and the pump might appear to be working but in fact there will be no flow. To check switch all Controls to call for heat, boiler should fire, see if flow to pump, usually the return gets hot. If not pump is u/s. Wait till Monday to get one as the sheds charge the earth .
It’s n easy swap....report back
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
Back