boiler question | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler question in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

customer asked me what heat only boiler i would fit into my own house and to be honest i would not know they all makes have their good and bad points .

some guys like ford cars others vauxhall, its up to you,. Me I would go for a Worcester but others will disagree

What ever is best value, tbh its hard to go wrong with a heat only (solo he excluded)

I have always put Worcester's in my houses and my families houses.

I advise main boilers to my custs because for me they never go wrong, I and my company have been fitting them for 8years now, literally 100s of them but personally I'd fit a vaillant because they look nicer.

fitted quite a few heat only glowworms which is same as the vaillant. only had trouble with one that kept giving overheat fault when in pump over run which was down to the customer shutting the locksheilds on the bypass rad and closing the auto bypass.i like the gloworm hx and vailant one but parts are silly

Intergas. I've got a Worcester 40Cdi in because I falsely believed they were good when I fitted it. 2 1/2 tears later when the plastic manifold failed and water peed all over the work surface I wasn't so happy. Especially as that was before 5 year guarantees.

Vaillant gets my vote, simply for reliablity in my experience. I would also recommend Baxi.

(Dear moderators, feel free to check my GasSafe registration).

Vaillant gets my vote, simply for reliablity in my experience. I would also recommend Baxi.

(Dear moderators, feel free to check my GasSafe registration).
some dont like the baxi or main but i have had very little trouble with the ones i fitted

i like both baxi and main good price relliable and dead easy to work on not that keen on worcester but only because price of spares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!
Replies
Views
Back