Boiler recomendation needed. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler recomendation needed. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi.
I have an old Potterton Suprima 70 HE. Its working ok but if it fails in the future, is there a current Potterton boiler which has the same pipework layout, so that i can get it changed to a new one without any pipework changes?

Get three quotes and let your heating engineer worry about that, as it's a conventional boiler you have even less pipes to be concerned about than say a combi unless it's been piped unconventionally.

Rinnai zen combi if you want to reduce gas consumption and have ultimate control over your property heating. If you don' want to reduce gas consumption then just pick any of the big box brands. There is nothing between them..

Get three quotes and let your heating engineer worry about that, as it's a conventional boiler you have even less pipes to be concerned about than say a combi unless it's been piped unconventionally.
just like the car dealer decides on which car you should buy and the estate agent decides which home you will buy and the supermarket that decides...you get the point right!

Not sure that's a reasonable analogy, really, Hometech. Some heating engineers may be complete idiots, but others are enthusiastic about their job and take pride and interest in selecting the best products. When you get quotes, you'll also get an idea how the people work - for instance I know an installer who swears by a boiler which is less prone to blockages, and that's his main criteria (as he uses cheap inhibitor and leaves a load of crud in the systems he works on, blockages are a problem for him).

To answer the OP, the answer is that, to my knowledge there is never anything that is a completely straight swap, but a good plumber can usually connect most things to most things, even in awkward spaces.

just like the car dealer decides on which car you should buy and the estate agent decides which home you will buy and the supermarket that decides...you get the point right!
Ah... you again, I thought you were on my ignore list.

Do you know what boiler would fit the OP's old pipe work because I'm pretty certain a Rinnai would not considering the OP is looking for a regular boiler not a combi. If you can't make a helpful or qualified contribution to a thread other than trot out the same old rhetoric about one particular boiler brand you've bought into hopefully the OP will ignore you too.

Similar plumbing topics

update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back