Boiler recommendation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler recommendation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardc1983

Good evening. It looks like I am going to be getting quotes soon for a new boiler given that it's likely the insurance company are going to write the Glow-worm 30cxi and wondered if you could suggest a decent boiler. Looking for 30kw for hot water along with weather compensation / opentherm controls.

I've been looking at ravenheat as they look reasonable. Of course if there's anyone local in Leeds please let me know.

Kind Regards
Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Boiler reccomendation

Whats the budget?

Thanks for the reply Scott. I bet you lot get sick of us tourists on here but truth be told it's a wealth of knowledge on here.

No budget in mind really all this has come about last minute and I haven't put aside money for this as other things have come up. I'm hoping they can repair on Friday but I do need to get something in mind as it's on the 5th call out this year.

Re: Boiler reccomendation

How many bathrooms?

Hi Alex

2 bedroom 1 bathroom, love a powerful shower though so want a high flow rate boiler know the 30kw I have now is already overkill but gives a great shower even in middle of winter.

Re: Boiler recommendation - Leeds

intergas.. thats what I would have in my own house (if i wasnt off grid) and what I installed in my mothers. brilliant boilers

I believe the Ravenheat is one of the cheapest boilers available

I have never fitted one but the white heats get good reviews for the money
Most important is that its fitted well, the system cleaned and a magnetic filter fitted

Better to have a cheap boiler fitted well than an expensive boiler thrown on the wall in a morning

Yeah so I need a budget option and a midway Value for money option with the features needed above.

When I bought the house it already had this nasty monstrosity installed as the people who I bought from purchased the house knowing full well they was doing it to sell on.

If it had been my choice I wouldn't have had it in.

On one hand your knocking the Glow-Worm and on the other your saying it gives very good showers, Pick a boiler with high flow rate but one that can be ranged down for heating , 2 bathrooms look at something above 30k.

Intergas fit your needs, high flow rates, mid range price long warranty if you buy the HREs

On one hand your knocking the Glow-Worm and on the other your saying it gives very good showers, Pick a boiler with high flow rate but one that can be ranged down for heating , 2 bathrooms look at something above 30k.

Sorry I miss typed - there is 1 bathroom here and 6 radiators. One rad is a double and one is a towel rail.

When I say it gives a good shower that's because it's a 30kw boiler.

Looking at the new ravenheat he range

If you're looking for confirmation of that boiler you won't get it here, I can however confirm it has never been on any recommended list on any thread on this forum that I am aware of.

If you're looking for confirmation of that boiler you won't get it here, I can however confirm it has never been on any recommended list on any thread on this forum that I am aware of.

Op is just looking at cost , mind is set on Ravenheat!!

I guess because I know a couple of people who have them and they have had no complaints. The company is 5 mins up the road from here. If anyone can tell me why they are no good or other boilers with those features I would really appreciate it.

I am near to you my friend, and the company are useless I have been in a few times for parts and they just say that all the parts shipped in from abroad and only assembled at the Morley site they do not actually supply parts or offer any help whatsoever. PM me if you would like a quote or any more advice. There are more budget price boilers out there that are much more reliable.

Thanks Darren, have messaged you.

I thought I was supporting a British company but even if they are assembled at Morley then that's still better than it being assembled in another country.

If they are not reliable and the afterservice is poor then you guys are aware of that and its quite possibly a brand to avoid.

Re: Boiler recommendation with Opentherm and outdoor sensor

So I have been looking at other boilers and interested now in the 10 year warranty on the Ideal Vogue.

I actually rang Ravenheat and spoke to "John" the manager. He was very informative but what actually put me off was that he said: "any domestic boiler that currently has an outside temp sensor doesn't actually use that sensor to set the heating curve, it uses the indoor temp on the thermostat and then works out how high a flame to set, and any manufacturer that says it does is lying, the sensor is there for future but doesn't currently do anything and its down to opentherm to control it all"

I questioned what the point of the sensor is then and if the boiler doesn't have opentherm and only has the outdoor sensor. He said it doesn't use it still goes off the indoor sensor and uses a curve for that!

Seems like a load of bull to me as why would you sell a sensor as an option if it didnt do anything and the fact that so many people praise weather compensation.

Go for a baxi or Ideal. Revenheat crap and Intergas crap. The parts on the cheaper boilers are extortionate compared to the better makes. I had a few problem intergas's their technical help desk is terrible, pcb's about £400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Keep the wc and use an eph combi pack 4 eg...
Replies
Views
B
To expand slightly on @John.g's answer, many...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Back