Boiler recommendations/garage installs? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler recommendations/garage installs? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I’m just wondering whether most of you are sticking to a particular brand at the moment and if so, which and why?
Also are many of you fitting pipe stats when installing in cold garages/areas or just relying on the boilers frost protection?
Controls of choice?
Cheers folks

Vaillant for me. If it is in a garage, I assess whether or not the garage is likely to reach less than 3 or 4 degrees at the worst time of year. If it might I would install a frost stat to protect boiler and pipework. If not, leave the boiler to protect itself.
Cheers mate. The way this winter has been it stands a very good chance of going below 3 degrees in there.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an oil fired boiler situated in the...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
A downgrade, what thermostat is in currently...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back