Boiler registration | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler registration in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ktmam

From what date was it a legal requirement to register a replacement boiler? Any link to a formal document with the date much appreciated.

Thanks Alpha man. Any idea where I can find some sort of official document or notice that states that boilers installed prior to 1st of May 2005 do not need to have been registered/notified. I have already called Gas Safe and they suggested calling a building control office. When I call on Monday I am sure they will tell me to call Gas Safe!

i was told in college you have to register ,then i did baxi training and they said you do not have to !

Just found this on Planning Portal - Frequently Asked Questions

Q20. During a building refurbishment a boiler was installed which is not a condensing boiler and therefore it doesn't comply with legislation. Is this is a breach of legislation and a legal offence?
A. Upon completion of the installation, a CORGI-registered gas installer should have notified CORGI under the Gas Work Notification procedure, and CORGI should then have sent a commissioning certificate to the householder a few days later. This requirement applies to both condensing and non-condensing gas boilers installed since 1st April 2005. If the installer didn't do that, there may have been a breach of the Building Regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Yeh I agree it needs a clean up, the house has...
Replies
Views
Be aware that you’ll likely require a gas pipe...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Back