boiler registration | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler registration in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi

can someone explain how the boiler registration scheme works

eg if i buy a worcester bosch from a merchants and that boiler has its own serial number

If i then fit the boiler who do i register the boiler with?? worcester bosch or gas safe or both

the reason i ask is a customer has bought a boiler and wants a labour price for fitting it

but what if that boiler has been bought of ebay/stolen off the back of a lorry.

If the boiler is being supplied by customer it is their responsibility to register with ,in this case worcester for the guarantee to correctly come into effect

The responsibility to register it with building control is always the customers,however if you are a member of a registration scheme ,such as gas safe run,you can offer to register it for them if you wish

If you are worried from a safety aspect were the boiler came from,ask to see the receipt ,other checks will be required,if it is un boxed,you are going to have to make sure designed for the correct fuel ie lpg/natural gas and have mi

As for if it was stolen or it's back ground,if the customer is suppling ,it is their responsibility that it came from a correct source,you could check the serial number with the manufacturers if you wished to double cover yourself

You will have to fill in the log book which is left with boiler

If you are really the customer asking the question and you have been offered a dodgy boiler,do not bother,as you could be easily caught if serial number is matched or faulty parts or bits missing

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Been there on that one some idiot wanted me to install a boiler he bought from Wickes that looked like it had been dropped from a height , now I wont install boilers supplied by customers due to agg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back