Boiler registration | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler registration in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
When a GS person fits the boiler they fill out the benchmark cert.

Do they then register with gas safe & the boiler manufacturer?

Can you then find out whether a boilers been registered?

If so, what info is needed if you don't know the installer details & can't find the benchmark cert?

Thx

Is the bench mark filled in?
First clue as to if it's legit or not

So it probably won't be registered with building control...can't see how you'll identify the installer

Not looking to identify installer

Just looking to see if the boilers been registered on installation

If there is no bench mark, no registration paperwork and no building control paperwork it's unlikely to have been registered.

Ring the boiler manufacturer with the serial number & they'll tell you if and when it was registered.

When a GS person fits the boiler they fill out the benchmark cert.

Do they then register with gas safe & the boiler manufacturer?

Can you then find out whether a boilers been registered?

If so, what info is needed if you don't know the installer details & can't find the benchmark cert?

Thx

Installer fills In benkmark then register the boiler online thru gas safe I believe, who notify building control

feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Thx all. The tenant has confirmed she can't find the benchmark cert. She & the LL both reckon it was left at the property 2 yrs ago.

Mmmm....

If this was your customer, what would you do if the boiler hasn't been registered?

Walk away?

Charge a fee to inspect boiler to see if it's been installed correctly & register it?

Other options?

Thanks, I need to find a GS engineer but I'd like to have an idea of the options first.

The LL is a lovely lady & may have been tucked up so of like to help her within the law.

Thx

She may be lovely but I bet she went for the cheapest option.
It's too late to register it and you wouldn't want to register someone else's work.
Does she not have an annual gas safety check?

The story goes...

The tenant is in rent arrears £10k

At present there is NO safety cert. It needs doing ASAP. I told the LL forget the rental dispute, this is a legal requirement and if something bad happened she'd be liable.

Just service/ check the boiler and note on the sheet the instructions are missing and history can't be confirmed

Depends though doesn't it? If an engineer knows that it's a dodgy install ie non-commissioned appliance then doesn't he have a duty to cap it on that basis.

If after its inspected he deems it dangerous I say so but if he thinks it's 100% on surely he can issue a gas safety cert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info. Flow rates are something...
Replies
Views
Did you get paid yet?
Replies
Views
Back