Boiler repeatedly switching off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler repeatedly switching off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I am stuck at home and my boiler is playing up. I wondered if anyone could offer some (non-gas related) advice?

Its a Potterton Gold FSB 30 HE.

It will seem to be running fine, modulated down to a whisper, then will suddenly ramp up to what I presume is full power and will then switch itself off almost immediately. The radiators at this stage are just warm. Then after a few minutes it will start again and be ok for maybe 5 minutes, then it will happen again. The boiler doesn't display a fault, no reset is needed, but operating like this it takes ages for the radiators to heat up fully.

The pump seems to be running ok at all times. The radiators do heat up eventually, all of them, and there is no air to bleed.

I wondered whether it could be the thermistor, but the pattern of behaviour is hard to reconcile.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem?

Many thanks

Difficult to diagnose without being stood in front of it, but sounds like it’s overheating maybe a pump problem but in any case you’ll need to get a gsr to take a look at it.

Do upstairs radiators get hotter than downstairs ones ?

Similar plumbing topics

B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Back