Boiler replacement advice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler replacement advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi i hope i can explain my situation so that you can understand, i'm not a plumber but need advice.

I have a 25 year old gravity feed wall mounted boiler that runs perfectly as we have a log burner we only really use it for hot water.

The boiler is mounted on an internal wall with the flue going up through bedroom through the attic, it has 2 28mm pipes and 2 22mm pipes these pipes are boxed in with expensive porcelain tiles ( not keen to rip them of as they might be obsolete), the pump is behind a kitchen unit.

I would like to keep the hot water tank, i know this is not the most efficient boiler but for the times we use it it's ok.

Do Not want a combi

Doesn't sound like you're ready or need to change so wait til it packs in and you have no choice.

If the log burner is large enough perhaps consider installing a back boiler to be able to heat the the cylinder (twin coil) by an alternative means, that'll give you three options of heating water.

What I mean is that because everything works and you only use it to heat a bit of water I'd leave well alone. Gravity fed is not the optimum setup nowadays but you should be able to replace like with like with a regular heat only boiler that is yes gravity fed.

Similar plumbing topics

Do you know if it’s damaged more parts they...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Back