Boiler Replacement Advice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Replacement Advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hagan10

Hi

I have just moved into a 4 bedroom detached property in the summer and have hardly used the heating until it has recently got cold.

I currently have a potterton pr1ma b (conventional boiler) which I think is around 19-20 years old. The problem I have is that it takes around 2 hours to get the radiators hot (boiler on maximum setting).

I have had the pump replaced around 2 weeks ago as plumber suspected broken pump.

Now I have been recommended to get my boiler replaced. i do not want to go combi as have more than 1 bathroom and just replaced pump.

I have a few questions...

1. What output boiler would you recommend? 24 or 30kw or higher?

2. Would you stay open vented or go pressurised?

3. How much should I be expecting to pay for a boiler replacement and flush?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I would advise getting a few quotes, maybe post in the section of this forum.
I would be asking why it's taking so long to heat,sludge, undersized boiler etc. it maybe more cost effective to replace the whole lot if it's really badly sludge up, but not seeing the system it's hard to tell

Hi
As above.
Regarding the size. Ask an engineer to calculate the correct size.

What's your location as that's a plays a big part on the price?

Get one of the regulars on here to come round and sort all out, that way you know you'll get the job done right at a fair price.

Im also in newcastle.
Has it ever worked ok ?
Was the plumber gas safe registered and was he in a position to say with certainty the boiler was U/S or not operating correctly ?

It is easy to say - just replace the boiler, but if there is an underlying fault with the rest of the system due to age or otherwise then it is just going to lead to dissapointment, regret and possibly further expense when you are faced with more issues.

The fact he replaced the pump suggests you have circulatory problems. If that is the case they will need resolving first and a new boiler wont help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the toon also. ( Coast) perhaps we could eine and have a butchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Back