Boiler Replacement Job | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Replacement Job in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Here is the job (Not much about at minute so need to get it right)

Customer would like new HE Combi Boiler. They currently have a Y plan and have had no trouble with their current boiler/system in the 6 years they have lived there. Thier prioty is hot water demand and the boiler I have sized will work very well as they have excellent mains pressure at 7 bar which I recorded at tea time today.

Firstly I haven't done much of replacing boilers only installs in new builds - Simple life.

So just wanting some advice really on practicality’s.

If they do go ahead with the new boiler, I was thinking of placing this in the loft on the same wall as the current system boiler is on now. So no problem for PRV, Condensate, flue etc.

For the flow and return on CH, I was thinking of using the flow and return off the HWC as I am unable to locate the mircobore manifolds (I am told there normally under the airing cupboard is this true?)

For the HW use existing pipework already installed from the airing cupboard.

Cold water feed is there as the CWSC is in the loft.

A nice little job I have picked up as they want a new bathroom suite installing as well!!

Your thoughts would be most appreciated :)

at 7 bar you need to consider presure reducing valves if theres the intention of a shower going in at some point but sounds a nice job

at 7 bar you need to consider presure reducing valves if theres the intention of a shower going in at some point but sounds a nice job

That had crossed my mind. What did think to the install/replacement, would it work.

sounds a belter just make sure youre gas pipe is right for your new boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back