Boiler replacement | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler replacement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jinx1966

I am looking to replace my Gas boiler as the fan has gone, it's 20 years old and 'G' rated, I have an Ideal Classic NF70. For simplicity sake and ease of doing the job was thinking of simply upgrading to a modern Ideal boiler that is A rated and would fit exactly where the old one is without much pipework changing.

1. Can anyone recommend a direct replacement Ideal boiler?
2. Does my train of thought make sense?

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

The current location might not be ideal as you would now have the addition of a condensate pipe that must fall down hill to a waste and possibly a pressure relief too.

The amount of pipework change is generally the same for whatever brand boiler you go for, the designs have changed so much in the past 20 years.

research into modern boilers and which one appeals to you.

personally we only install worcester, vaillant and intergas due to their reliability.

also this would need to be done by someone who is gas safe registered to be within the law and for your own safety.

Last edited:
Best to get at least 3 quotes from local GSR engineers.
They need to visit and see for themselves.
They may have several suggestions as to how to tackle it, but they do that kind of job all the time and what you see as a problem won't be one to them.
But they may see problems you would never think of!

You could post here and get some local members to quote
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

baxi 600 or 800 heat or viessmann 100 would be...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Back