Boiler runs ok when cold and lasts about 30 minutes | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler runs ok when cold and lasts about 30 minutes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

T

Tom Gorrian

I have a 10 year old oil boiler has run well and gets serviced every year all tests are spot on, last week started locking out, would reset and run for short time, engineer fitted new control box and said thats it he was only away 10 minutes and it locked out, now waiting on new photocel, boiler will run and start correctly but when warm after 30 minutes will go to lock out, starts again after 10 minutes then may run for 15 minutes and lock out. any clues

Yes, your engineers a muppet. Issue needs fault finding and not chuck parts at it.

Let's have a few more details. Boiler make, burner make, what were the flue gas details like I.e. co co2 excess air etc.

Tom, did you get to the bottom of your issue and what was it? I have exactly the same thing going on with my Firebird C26 external combi and a new photocell plus various other parts (have had 2 new control boxes in 5 years and boiler only 7 years old!) have still not fixed the locking out problem… exactly as you have described!

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Does it have a flame diffuser? Original...
Replies
Views
Back