Boiler screeching noise | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler screeching noise in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James Calow

I have a vokera excell 80sp boiler. I get hot water and heating fine just as expected. I have had two diaphragms replaced over the last 8 years when I have had it serviced.

My concern and issue is that when the heating is on the boiler can sometimes emit a high-pitched squealing sound. There is no consistency to it, occasionally there is no noise at all, sometimes it is more of a rumble and then at other times it can be very loud and high pitched.

When it is screeching if I turn on a hot water tap the noise stops instantly all the time the tap is running. When I turn the tap off sometimes the noise will not start up again for many minutes if not hours, but other times it will return immediately.

Does any one have an idea of what it could be and if I could fix it my self, I am reasonably competent with a spanner.

Whatever it is you need a GSR, mess with these things and they could kill you !!

more likely you wil flodd yourself out if you dont have appropriate replacement orings etc to hand and then you will flood the pcb, which will need replacing

Whatever it is you need a GSR, mess with these things and they could kill you !!

Thanks- I'll leave well alone. Any ideas what could be causing it so I can give the engineer a heads up when I call him?

A decent engineer won't need a heads up James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start...
Replies
Views
L
Hi I have the same issue with the ideal logic...
Replies
Views
Paul Scott
P
Sounds like it could be the stepper motor for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
Back