Boiler selection | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler selection in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumrite

Hi,

Can any of you CORGI guys reccomend a reliable, low maintenance, condensing boiler. This is for a customer/friend of mine whom i do plumbing work for.

Their budget is around £500 (Boiler no labour). I have an installer who can fit the appliance, however other quotes for installation would be appreciated but must have all relevent certs and sign the work off etc.

I obviously don't get involved in boiler work and would like some genuine feedback from the guys that fit/service them on a regular basis.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Dave

Hello mate, i can safely say that you/they will be struggling to find a reliable boiler for such a low budget!
At best you/they will only be able to get something along the lines of a protherm, ravenheat, biasi, or ferrolli and they are all pretty poor to say the least!!
They would be better off spending more money and getting a top brand boiler i.e a vaillant or a worcester boiler both manufacturers have excellent track records, and offer a good level of service and breakdown cover whilst the boiler is under warrenty.
Hope this helps :D

Hi Space its a combi boiler and just a boiler change.

Thanks for the advice gaspro its appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
go with gaspros advice.
you also might consider an Alpha, Viessmann or Broag Remeha Avanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Back