Boiler servicing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler servicing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smac

Hi everyone was looking some help regarding servicing gas and oil boilers when u arrive to service boiler and there is no manfactures instruction how do you'd guys get the following I know Internet is available but do any of yous guys have any saved to your phones or something that is handy to have any quick tips thanks

I have a plastic coated spreadsheet a mate gave me with burner settings on it for oil. Worst case I work backwards, do flue gas and then check oil pressure etc especially on an ancient machine, sometimes best to dig it out and leave settings as is if running ok.

Had a small laptop in the van. Got valsoft off internet for £20. And away to go

Apprentice has stolen it now thou :(

MI,s manuals off webste and from old customers plus courses with boiler manufacturers.

I carry a netbook with thousands of manufacturers instructions on it and dongle for mobile broadband when I don't have the instructions in my database. I can usually download them there and then.

Smac .. Hi!

Mi's are usually few and far between in my experience! When it comes to servicing however There's a limit to what you can do without them! All depends on how confident & compitent you feel when tackling something un familiar! You've got the data badge as a back up for basic info, and knowledge of the generic norms for the type of appliances you're servicing. Personally I hold back on gas fires more than anything else! Quite a few require specific coal lay-outs that you will need the mi's for!

I now carry quite a good collection on my phone, problem is my eye's are geting worse!!! lol

I've been thinking about getting a small netbook, but knowing my luck it will get nicked within 2 days working on social housing! Usually ringing the manufacturer gets the info you need, you just have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
I would suggest a Grant registered engineer to...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
Back