Boiler shutting off during heating hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler shutting off during heating hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

Dumbaskus

I have a Viessman Vitodens combi boiler. When running the hot tap (or shower), the water comes through hot but then the boiler shuts off, water gets cool, boiler fires up, water gets hot, and so on... Only started happening a few weeks ago.
I have replaced the flow sensor, checked voltage where the sensor plugs in to board and voltage varies with flow, so I don't think it's it. I have taken the thermocouple out from the top of the boiler and given it a good clean (was a bit gunked up).
What else could it be?

I'm not a plumber/engineer, just a DIY'er...

TIA

Time to call a pro out or viessmann if it’s under warranty

Similar plumbing topics

J
Omg, thank you :) I have a filling loop with 2...
Replies
Views
Janiss
J
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
I assume you mean isolating the water side of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Back