boiler site? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler site? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrea

ive just been to look at a new house and the boiler is situated above the cooker, is this allowed?

just another house, didnt measure exact distance going to view again tomorrow so wanted to find out requirements, it was at the same height as the top kitchen units, its a free standing cooker and you certainly wouldnt be able to have a cooker with a eye level grill there its that low

sorry hope that made sense

[DLMURL]http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=cyp4nMlPBeU=&tabid=249&mid=1194[/DLMURL] this is for the cooker clearances, not sure if there are rules and regulations about siting a boiler above a cooker, but common sense would say no.

can you take a photo tomorrow and post it please

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have a look through the tb's later. But it's certainly not good practice.

thats what i thought too, cant find anywhere the exact regulations for cooker/boiler, will try to get a pic

thanks croppie that would be great really want to know before i go and look again then i can measure it up

Where abouts is the Fused spur that controls the boiler, below ther boiler or to the side?

If the house is what you want you could make an offer subject to the boiler conforming get, the seller to prove it does, if not the seller has to sort it out at their cost.

ive replaced a few control boards for customers when their toaster, microwave or kettle has been under the boiler, giving off heat and steam and affecting the electrics, expensive mistakes on their behalf, but ive never seen an instal described like yours before done on purpose.
is there an extractor hood or anything between the cooker and boiler?

normally about 760mm clearance required for a cupboard/hood.

likely to get heat damage, steam/moisture damage to the boiler controls so will need moving.

Last edited:
common sense would say not good practice, like the previous post ive also replaced pcbs which have been moisture damaged, and the heat from the cooker will cause components to over-heat, if you like the house drop the asking price and get the boiler moved.

Theres nothing in the regs to say it cant go there, its just common sense, if it was below the 760mm then i would think about some sort of heat sheild or steam deflector such has putting a well ventilated kitchen cabinet aroud it with a super lux board on the bottom (This is what i have done to get round this in the past)

just means youll be forking out every few months for boiler repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ive got a new replacement boiler to install...
Replies
Views
Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
The only pump found so far is fitted next to...
Replies
Views
Back