boiler size for 3 bed end terrace ..... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler size for 3 bed end terrace ..... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulyoung666

brick cavity construction with cavity insulation , all double glazed , loft insulation , just wondering if a 15kW boiler sounds about right , i know no one can be specific about this , just looking for ballpark ideas of yes or no :)

I assume you want a standard boiler, not a combi (instant hot water).

Use the Boiler Size Calculator.

As you have an end terrace, there are two walls side-to-side and one wall front-to-back.

With a well insulated house, you will probably need less than 10kW. But you can't get boilers that small, so go for the next size up, usually 12kW.

The output of boilers is show as a range, e.g 6kW to 15kW. It does not matter if the max is a bit higher than required, but the minimum should be as low as possible below the requirement. This will make the boiler more efficient when it is not so cold.

A reasonably quick and fairly accurate way is to calculate heat required for each room:

Length x width x height in metres. Then this figure times 45 divided by 1000. This will give you the watts required for each room (and size of radiator required for that room as well). Add them all up, add a little for hot water and luck and you should get an appropriate figure for the boiler required.

Eg. room 3m x 2.5m x 2.8m = 21 x 45/1000 = 0.945 so 1Kw radiator required.

jus had a go at boiler calc got a 3 bed end terrace jus had cavity wall filled but front and back are timber frame but downstairs i put celetex in, doubled glazed and got over 75mm loft insualtion. i put unfilled cavity in and came out at 9.34kw and from experience i know this is under sized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
    • Love
@Ric2013 your comments about PP and CP are...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Back