Boiler starts up on its own despite being set to off.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler starts up on its own despite being set to off.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter1979

Hi I have an old indirect boiler system that heats my rads and hot water (in separate tank). I turned the system off the other day to drain the rads and re-filled after some house works. Now even though my programmer is set to off for both the heating and hot water the system fires up on its own. The programmer does not respond to any over ride controls and the indication red lights only turn on when i switch the function to 'ON'. The only way to turn it off is to remove the main power source (plug). I came home yesterday to find the house stifling hot even though the programmer was set to off. The boiler is a WRS 255 (old but works ok although inefficient to newer boiler standards) and the programmer is a Drayton LP522. Can anyone help as to why it runs on its own and then only now heats up the rads? In guessing the programmer is broken but my experience is limited!!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I make the decision to call in the professionals ££

Hi - all I was doing was taking off some radiators in various rooms as I am doing general house works and they didn't have any isolator valves so I needed to drain the system. I was away for a few days so set the program's to off for both water and heating, came back refilled the system and turned the water to program which is set at twice daily. I came back after a few hours and it was going great guns with the few remaining rads roasting hot! (Which typically didn't happen in winter when I wanted them too but that's another story!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
OK so I looked at the microswitch last night...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
J
Just in case anyone else has the same problem...
Replies
Views
Jomart
J
Back