Boiler stays in 'C' status even when it should be off - icos he18 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler stays in 'C' status even when it should be off - icos he18 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IDEAL icos he28 boiler and even when the programme is off, the status it always 'C'. When it's off the LED flashes and then when it fires up the LED stays on. I know from the manual that when the LED is on the boiler is working and when it's flashing the required temp has been achieved so it turns off.
My 1st question: How do I get it to reset the status to 'O' when the programme is off? (I tried the reset button, but no joy)
My 2nd question: Is this a boiler issue, a programmer issue or possibly a problem with a faulty valve?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the responses, sorry i only saw the other thread for Cos HE24 after I'd already posted. I was able to figure out a solution to my problem from that post.

Hi

I had a chap out on Saturday to fix an L2 error on my boiler. Now the C status will not go off and is constantly running - not constantly heating, just whirring away. I've turned off and on, reset the control panel, and topped up the pressure to 1.5 bar. It still stays on. On resetting the panel it doesn't come on immediately, but once triggered won't go off. Please help!?

Last edited:
It might take 15-20 mins for it to go off on heating (pump overrun) but shouldn't be more than half an hour

All the time eg an hour plus

Yes, until I turn the dial on the boiler to off, then after a few mins it stops. Otherwise it stays at C even though the thermostat and control panel aren't calling for heat. The blue flame light doesn't stay on just the C and the sound of what I guess it's the pump.

Have you turned you timer to off and your thermostat down to see if it goes away?

15124017626352112710911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
P
Yes I guess this is off / low temp ?
Replies
Views
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Your sensitivity, arrogance and ignorance are...
Replies
Views
Back