Boiler stopped working... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler stopped working... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharonr22

Am looking for some advice please.... I have a Heatline C28 combi and yesterday stopped working. No flashing warning lights, zilch! so no hot water/heating. Have had a look at the book, and followed what it says to do but still nothing. Any ideas on what i could try before i finally ring somebody as they could tell me anything and wouldnt have a clue. Thanks

Take it you have power going to boiler ? Can-not remember but think these have a reset on high limit stat inside boiler, have you had boiler case off ??

Welcome to the forum Sharon, it could be something as simple as a fuse, but there may be a reason the fuse has blown. My advice is to get someone in. Where are you? someone from here may be close by and able to help.

Yeah theres power, checked the fuse and fine...plus got a little shock! Took the front off but then theres the metal casing and didnt want to go messing before i had some idea of what i could try. Am in Cardiff and the thought of ringing someone on a bank hol is a costly one.

ok, thanks. the thought of another day with no hot water tho....

Hi sharon, As you have the book for this boiler look on page 8 item 10 (heating sensor) or item 9 one of these may have a very small button in the middle, if so push it in with small elec screwdriver, sometimes these just drop out for no reason at all !

To be honest the fact you got an electric shock checking a fuse says you really shouldnt be looking to "try" anything else. Leave it alone and call in a Gas Safe registered engineer to sort the problem.

couldnt see a little button to press. Thanks though all. PJF - dont suppose its free on a bank hol?!?!

I'm in Cardiff area tommorrow if that helps I'm in the valleys today

could you inbox your number please, am in work first thing and could contact you then. Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
I understand, thanks for letting me know.
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Back