Boiler stove connection ?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler stove connection ?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just upgraded my parents heating system to an unvented type and fitted new Vaillant EcoTec Plus 637. Its quite a big bungalow they are moving into so hence the large boiler. I've fitted a 210 ltr unvented cylinder it was the max height I had. In their existing house they had a Valor Stove fire which they really liked as it gave out allot of heat. They wanted me to install this in the new place which is fine so i built them a false chimney. They have now decided that as the energy bills are going up they wanted to save any way they could so i have looked into fitting a "boiler stove" instead of the standard stove fire they have. As this is the first one i have fitted I’m a bit unsure on how to connect it into the new unvented system so that both can work together. The boiler stove they are looking at is the Stovax - Stockton 11HB which gives out a nominal 7Kw to the room and 11Kw to the heating circuit.

Any help would be much appreciated

You can't connect a solid fuel appliance to an unvented cylinder directly, it is an uncontrolled heat source. Also the 637 is a system boiler and is also unsuitable for a solid fuel appliance.

Yeah thought this was the case. was hopeing there was something new out there where I would be able to do it. Bugger. I understand that I could fit a neutraliser to the system to do the hot water but as you say not to an unvented system. Really thought there may be someway to do it.

It is possible with a vented heat store/bank and then the unvented and heating connected to that via coils but you may not have room, and this would have to go above the stove.

I am not sure about what they are saying, I have seen and worked on biomass boiler on a sealed system with an overheat system that dumps mains water into boiler to cool it if anything goes wrong. I have not seen this on stoves, I would contact HEATAS to get their opinion.

good idea. cheers matey. im sure there is some way to do it but I want to do it the right way as not to kill anyone

I'm sure you can connect an unvented to solid fuel

Seen it done on the telly too

They fitted a bigger expansion vessel
A bigger prv and heat leak

But I'm not heatas nor have I installed one before

At worst all you'll just have to convert your unvented to vented

yeah im sure it can be done simon. Dont want to convert to vented as its cost enough to put in as it is. most probably more simple than i think

aquatherm stoves can be connected to sealed systems worth a look expensive tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
One thing I might add. We too are in a similar...
Replies
Views
C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Back