Boiler swap | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler swap in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Britlee

I may sound a bit thick here but i have been a site plumber for 11 year and have never priced up for a boiler swap before. What i'm asking is what information is needed to work out which combi is sorted for a property.

Thanks Lee

Mainly dhw output

How many bathrooms
Also location paying attention to gas runs
Fluing
Also suitability of combi

If they have a combi just do a like for like on kw providing they are happy with dhw output and not lookin to alter house

Its a sealed system at the moment. I heard you can only run one bathroom on a combi

I have just got myself a flow cup.

Its a sealed system at the moment. I heard you can only run one bathroom on a combi

I have just got myself a flow cup.

It's best not to run more that one but it can be done with special combis. Not really worth it thou

is there a calculator for working out the kw needed for the CH. or can i fit the kw as the last boiler

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry just realised what i said what athickly Ii am. i need to add up each room which will give me the total. Hammer, Head and hit.

Didn't want to say anything lol

lol, i was just having a school boy moment. I have also just found out that i can not us * to hide bad language. My apologies to the mods.

28 to 32kw normally enough general rule of thumb bigger the output the better dhw flow but remember you can t get out more than you put in ,use your flow cup

Even if you put in a combi boiler, the heating requirement should also be taken into account. If you don't you can end up with a boiler which is considerably oversized for heating.

Use the Whole House Boiler Size Calculator with the Domestic Hot Water Allowance set to 0. This gives the CH requirement. Make sure that the boiler can modulate below this - the lower the better.

If you want to check the output of existing radiators use the Stelrad Elite Catalogue. The page headed 40Δt is the correct one to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Done it myself. My analyser went mad at me...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Back