boiler swap | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler swap in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,looking for a bit of advice,we have a old central heating hot water boiler and are looking to change the boiler for a new one more suited to our property,we have 7 rooms 7 radiators and a towel radiator.i understand there will be the need for pipework alterations ,boiler relocation etc.what type of boiler should i be looking at,price etc and what sort of dayrate labour charge would this entail.the system we have is indirect with an hot water cylinder,any help appreciated.

Don't get day rates, get a price. Get at least two quotes from local firms.

Ask around and see if anyone can reccomend a firm they have recently used. Check out they are Gas Safe registered.

As for makes, we all have our own views of good and bad. Well we generally agree on the bad.

As for model, it will depend on what suits your heating requirements, and also what best suits your hot water demands.

hello,
are you wanting to keep the hot water storage cylinder or are you looking towards a combi boiler?
why is the old boiler not suited to your property?

you can put a post in the plumber wanted section and include where you are and you may get members local willing to price your work

It is very hard to give any sort of idea of cost without seeing the job to be totally honest. Get a couple local firms/one man bands round to give you some advice and a quote.

hello,
are you wanting to keep the hot water storage cylinder or are you looking towards a combi boiler?
why is the old boiler not suited to your property?

hi, the boiler is quite old now and there have been 2 more radiators added,if it means less work i would sooner keep the cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back