boiler switches off before room thermostat reaches temperature | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler switches off before room thermostat reaches temperature in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin0410

i have a glow worm 50ff boiler that supplies the heating and hot water. I noticed earlier that the boiler had switched off before the room temperature was high enough to trip the room thermostat.
Then after a while the boiler switched on for a few seconds and then off again.

If i turn the stat down past the click and then up again, the boiler will switch on, then switch off about 5 mimutes later.

The pump in the airing cupboard runs constantly during all of this, unless i turn the stat right down.

The boiler seems to work normally for the hot water, although i notice the pump and motorised valve and running/staying open for a few minuted after boiler switches off

Can anyone suggest where my problem may be?

Thanks in advance

kevin

If the pump is still running then it sounds like the boiler is just up to temperature.

hi kevin
im not the best at explaining things but here goes i can prob solve on Job but find hard to explain
to me it sounds like boiler up to temp or faulty boiler stat
run boiler on say number one and see if it gives the same symptom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Time and make a note of how long the boiler is...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Back