Boiler temperature reading | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler temperature reading in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ma701ss

Hi my British Gas 330 boiler has a radiator dial on the front with temp reading below of 52 degrees. What should I set this to 60, 80, etc.? Is it the flow temp?

when it's cold outside turn the trv to full in your living room. Turn the boiler stat up until you feel comfortable.

that's the standard for you.

For me it would be different, for Howsie it could be a completely different temperature.

There's an old couple in my village were absolutely freezing because they took the government stipulation of 21degrees to heart.

if you're too cold, turn it up, if you're too hot, turn it down. everybody's perception of warmth is different.

They genuinely thought the heat police would prosecute them for trying to get warm.

Ok will try as above. Yes the room stat is in the hallway which tends to be coldest so have to set to 15 degrees or so otherwise the house eta too hot.

Meant to say "gets" too hot. Anyway, rather than turn down the TRV to each rad if it does get too hot, why not turn down the temp on the boiler?

then youll only take longer to heat the rooms before the trv takes effect

Hi my British Gas 330 boiler has a radiator dial on the front with temp reading below of 52 degrees. What should I set this to 60, 80, etc.? Is it the flow temp?
Yes, it's the flow temperature. This needs to be about 70-75C so the water in the HW cylinder gets heated to 60C.

Which number do you have your TRVs set to?

You say the hall is the coldest place, but you only have the wall stat set to 15 "otherwise the house eta (gets?) too hot.". The wall stat may be faulty. Which stat do you have (post a pic)?

My husband - qualified heating engineer of many year - and me person who works from home - often argue about everything to do with heating:
the best temperature for the bedroom.
setting for the TRVs
Setting for boiler
whether heating should ne on or off
Should we have window open.

I am not a heating engineer so do check with the experts but if you have a newish condensing boiler I believe they work more efficiently at a lower setting.
So if you have a well insullated house and you don't need it to warm up quickly then a lower setting might be better.
But when it is really cold outside you will need to turn the boiler setting up.

Now my husband and the heating engineers may well be throwing up their hands in horror because one big reason for people calling is simply that they have messed about with the settings and don't really understand how they work.
So it is good advice to keep it set as it is if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Back