Boiler Tripping off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Tripping off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hagan10

Afternoon All

Any Help would be grately appreciated..

We have just had a our boiler replaced with a baxi solo 30 he.. when you have the boiler set to the timer setting it keeps tripping off and locking out the boiler.. (no flow lights flashing)

We have had the pump replaced with a grundus about a week before the boiler replacement.. which was working fine before the boiler was replaced.

What do you think this could be?

1. problem with in the new boiler?
2. Timer been incorrectly wired to the boiler?

Thanks

Sometimes when you try to put it on normally it just locks out / no flow flashing lights

but sometimes it works fine

the boiler is only a few weeks old and has done this since been fitted.

Also had the 3 port valve changed

Thanks

It will probably be an issue with air in the system. Solos will lock out until ALL of the air is released.

If I installed a boiler & this was happening I'd be straight round to sort. Get the installer back....

If I installed a boiler & this was happening I'd be straight round to sort. Get the installer back....

had baxi out and they mentioned that it is sucking air in, and mentioned fitting an air separator... Tried contacting the installer but having no reply from him?

Where re do I go from this ? Can I get another plumber out? Or contact baxi again?

Hi

Installer has been back around and changed the timer and 3 port valve but nothing happening, the boiler has been on constantly the last few weeks as if i put it to timer it trips off

Were do i go from this? do i contact baxi? shouldn't really get another plumber out as it could jeopardise my warranty

If Baxi have confirmed that there's nothing wrong with the boiler you'll need to get the installer back. If the original installer won't come back or can't sort the issue, you'll have to get another engineer out. That won't effect the boiler warranty. It does sound like there's an installation issue.

didn't some of the honeywell 3 ports have it where a small amount of current would go back to the pcb

cant remember is that the solo with a flow switch in it, ???

suprised he didn't do a combined cold feed and vent instead of an air sep

i assume a programmer is fitted instead of a timer , does it trip on hw or heating or both

sounds like the wiring could be an issue , hw off , ????

get him to disconnect the external controls and wire up a direct lead, he should know how to do it , to prove if any of the external controls are at fault and go through it step my step

trying to think there was something about the flow switch and pump and how the interlock was controlled think the pump was pf on boiler

or maybe air is knocking the flow switch out ?

it's sounds like the installer will have to come back and prove its not the external controls causing the issue , if not baxi will have to come back

sorry maybe one of the other guys may be able to advise u better

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for all replies. I thought I was out of...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back