boiler trouble | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler trouble in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pilts15

hi there thought id try see if any1 could help with my prob, i hav a valliant 613/2e condensing boiler thats got issues with the hot water, i can get hot water if i turn the heating control up then however if i turn the heatin down the hot water temp lowers and i get no hot water.
would be great if i could get some pointers
regards dan

Is this a system boiler? Not a combi.
If it has a cylinder, fault more than likely isn't with the boiler

The heating thermostat on the boiler needs to be kept above 60 deg or your water will not be hot enough. The HW cylinder can only get as hot as the water from the boiler supplying it.
The HW thermostat (if fitted) on this boiler doesn't work.

This boiler is a System boiler and without the correct vaillant controls using the Ebus system the only knob that works on the boiler will be the heating knob. This is because non vaillant controls just fire up the heating and the heating only. The heating engineer will have used two zone valves or a single 3 way valve to direct the heat to either the heating or hot water. So turning the heating knob down will only allow it heat up the water to the temprature you set.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back