Boiler Turning on & Off on its own ? Help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Turning on & Off on its own ? Help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

55NF

My boiler keeps 'firing up' Turning On & Off on its own , despite the programmer CH & HW being turned to 'Off'

Fitted a new room stat as old one wasn't working & now that is working fine, but boiler still turns itself on & off.

Even when its turned off manually by the boiler switch, something near the water tank is whirring away.

Any ideas?

It sounds to me like you have a two port or three port valve with a stuck microswitch

If you have a look in your airing cupboard. You should see one or two boxes attached to the pipe work. Give them a tap and see of the pump stops (this is the whirring noise)

If this helps. I would suggest posting on the looking for a plumber and getting someone local to come and change it for you

It's a case of waiting for it to start up again. Will report back. Thanks again

It sounds to me like you have a two port or three port valve with a stuck microswitch

If you have a look in your airing cupboard. You should see one or two boxes attached to the pipe work. Give them a tap and see of the pump stops (this is the whirring noise)

If this helps. I would suggest posting on the looking for a plumber and getting someone local to come and change it for you

:iagree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back