Boiler turns off and reignites frequently | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler turns off and reignites frequently in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

remi1990

Hi all,

FYI I already had an issue with my boiler before in this post, but now there’s another issue (#post925402)

The issue above was resolved - it turned out to be the sealant on the boiler which was eroded which let air get to the boiler (apparently).

So now we have a new issue. The boiler seems to come on at the right times, so it’s definitely listening to the programmer, but it seems to turn of and reignite very frequently. By frequently, I mean about 20 times per hour (yeah, I know…)

I’m almost certain this is not normal. I really don’t know too much about boilers but this is something I would have noticed before.

I’ve also noticed that it seems incredibly loud when it reignites. I can literally hear the flame igniting from upstairs with all the doors closed - again, I would have noticed this sound before so it’s definitely not normal.

It’s a Potterton Promax HE boiler, the programmer is a British Gas Dual Channel Programmer and the thermostat ‘appears’ to be working (clicking at least).

I’m wondering if it is the thermostat though - how can I check?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't give advice on boilers bud you need a GSE and ASAP I would say turn the boiler off and don't use it till fault or faults are rectified by your engineer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Sounds like a link issue possibly between the...
Replies
Views
Back