Boiler Type/Size ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Type/Size ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sukh

Hi All,

I'm currently in process of converting a property into a 9 bedroom B&B. All rooms have en-suites. I was planning on installing a Vaillant Eco Tech 37kW Boiler System, 300litre indirect hot water cylinder with dual coil. we have a 50mm supply coming into the property with a pressure of 3bar. I just wanted to check whether this system is the most appropriate or should I be looking at installing a commercial boiler and/or different system ? My installer seems to think the boiler will not be able to handle a property of this size

Thanks
Sukh

Hi there sukh, wed need more details as heat loss calcs for sizing a boiler requires a load of info including size of property, etc i wouldnt think a 37kw system boiler would be far from whats needed but i do think 1 cylinder @ 300l wont be sufficient with having 9 en-suites , even with fast heat recovery if all rooms decided to use the facilities in the morning i think youd be running out of hot water,

969c93b0eed33ff9d04b82c27954f191.jpg

But fit these on primary so u can check mass flow rate.
50e4c56578234970525b4abe25847fc8.jpg

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Just a final point, if I increased the cylinder size would I need to get a bigger boiler ? or does the boiler size only depend on the heat loss in the property ? sorry if this seems like a daft question !!!

similar BNBs I do work in have managed well using 2 x 210l cyls and 2 x vaillant ecotec 37 system boilers, set up to work together or down as one cyl one boiler in quieter times. they have never run out of water and one of the other ways to help on this one is to have really luxurious showers in most rooms, not baths all round. A 9 bed bnb doesnt need to go for full commercial boilers etc, I only know of one that has and they went bust and it burned down recently!!

Thanks guys. I'm probably going to go with two boilers and two cylinders. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The boiler is just responding by limiting the...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
C
Seems reasonable but I'd still rather have...
Replies
Views
Before yo do anything you need to know, for...
Replies
Views
Well the first thing i would be doing is...
Replies
Views
Back