Boiler water pressure. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler water pressure. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
When topping up my boiler the pressure only rises to 2 bar max. I know it doesnt need to be any higher but previously it would rapidly rise and continue until I closed the valve on my filler loop.
I'm sure my mains pressure is fine as I recently had it replaced from lead to plastic.
Can anyone help?

Replacing the lead pipe with plastic would only increase the flow not the pressure.

The incoming pressure has dropped. Quite common in the summer to save water. You only need it as high as 1 to 1.5 bar.

The guage is probably fine as the safety valve would open at 3 bar or there abouts so it can't be reaching that.

Which boiler is it ? There was a problem with Baxi filling loops/valves/ NRV
Worked fine a few times , then filled really slowly before stopping altogether !
Or as Tamz said

whilst your pressure is adequate it may be some small amount of debris has found its way to the filling loop when the new pipe was connected does your boiler have an external or internal loop? regards turnpin

Thanks, I will try the loop.

External loop. I will check it out thanks.

Last edited:
I love it when I'm filling a large system on my own and the mains is only 2 bar. Easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Could be in the cylinder cupboard,
Replies
Views
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
Back