Boiler will not stay alight | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler will not stay alight in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bertbert

Hi, I have an Ideal Standard Classic LXFF that runs on Calor Gas. When the heating switches on, the boiler lights up and immediately goes out again.....Then lights again. This boiler is only staying alight for
approximately 5 seconds, then it goes out and immediately lights again and goes out after 5 seconds. This boiler is doing this continually. Any suggestions as to why would be greatly appreciated, Bertbert

Also have a range type cooker running on Calor with no problems

look for a red button on top of the boiler. had this problem once and was messing about all day. then a more experienced plumber told me to try this. it worked

unfortunately there are a few possibilities, air pressure switch, flame sensor, faulty gas valve, the list goes on, you need to call someone that can fix boilers (not a plumber) when you do find someone tell them your boiler is running on LPG as not all engineers have the ticket to work on LPG, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Was the oil pressure checked before replacing...
Replies
Views
..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all replies. I thought I was out of...
Replies
Views
Back