boiler wont fire up on heating only | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler wont fire up on heating only in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickyo66

Hi had a new baxi boiler fitted last year then some months ago noticed that the thermostat in the hall wont switch the boiler/heating off after reading up on this i think its the 3 port valve . but i dont understand why the boiler doesnt fire up when i press the heating button. It fires up instantly when i press the hot water button and then the rads are on as well.

any advice greatly appreciated
mick

:welcome: to the forum mickyo66 :)

It does sound like you have a problem with the diverter valve. If you're not familiar with tracing electrical faults though I'd suggest you get a GSR engineer to take a look :)

Not fireing because boiler not getting call from 3 port valve (stuck) what make 3 port valve have you got?

Will it work on heating when hot water is on or not at all it could be that your system has been wired up like a gravity system when the heating will only ever come on when hot water on.

Off there's power through the room stat it's the syncron motor. Get some one qualified in.

:welcome: to the forum mickyo66 :)

It does sound like you have a problem with the diverter valve. If you're not familiar with tracing electrical faults though I'd suggest you get a GSR engineer to take a look :)

thanks for the advice gonna change the valve today then if no joy will get some one in

thanks for the advice gonna change the valve today then if i dont get any joy gonna get some one in

landis & Gyr mav-322 think its about 15 years old just picked up a honeywell 4073 as a replacement cos i heard they were the best.

Will it work on heating when hot water is on or not at all it could be that your system has been wired up like a gravity system when the heating will only ever come on when hot water on.

I can only have hot water and hot rads cant have just hot water its a new programmer and room thermostat if it has been wired up like a gravity system will have to get an electrician.

Hi had a new baxi boiler fitted last year then some months ago noticed that the thermostat in the hall wont switch the boiler/heating off after reading up on this i think its the 3 port valve . but i dont understand why the boiler doesnt fire up when i press the heating button. It fires up instantly when i press the hot water button and then the rads are on as well.

any advice greatly appreciated
mick

just fitted the valve and every thing ok thanks to every one who gave me advice really struggling to find out how to reply to your comments usually leave this sort of thing to the wife computers are not my strongest subject
cheers
mick

Just came across this forum. My problem was the same. It is the Y valve, the actuator cannot move away from the hot water side. There is a problem with one of the micro switches. It needs to travel in reverse to fire up the CH (stuck on hot water). One of them would not meter on ohms. the cover of the first one comes off easy but the second one needs to be unsoldered from the board. I took it apart, if you do do this, be very careful as there are two tiny pieces insided. Cleaned contacts and now good as ever.

NOTE TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS!

As always any information gleaned from this forum is used by the individual at his or her own risk.

The forum, and it's members, cannot be held liable should you get a belt following the advice in post #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Back