boiler wont fire | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler wont fire in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

a bit over exagurated (dont sure on spelling) but i seeing alot of these sort of posts:

Hi to all u heating experts.

my boiler wont fire on ch but will on hw. Ive pressed reset 600 times and after being on google all day they recommend i change the pcb so i did (thats the gsr google), i changed the pcb and still nothing. so now i think the thermister or flow switch but can someone tell me how I test these? I have a black and decker drill and a roll of 4 year old masking tape. anyway just tested the 3 switch switch port (you know what i mean) and got a small electric shock so should be working, i can smell gas in the kitchen so i know the boiler has gas going to it - could it be a faulty ball valve in the expansion thing in my loft?

rant over

If you touch the side of you boiler with a small piece of wire and tickle it just under that round valve thingy that should get the boiler to make a strange vrrrrrrrrrrm sound!

I all seriousness I think we should all start replying like that to the idiots that post things like that. :bucktooth:

Ther'll always be the numpty who thinks they know what they're doing but obviously haven't got a clue. I'd say direct them to the 'I need a plumber...' forum! the fool who's spent a fortune in fear of being ripped off is an unfortunate victim of their own greed! Direct them towards 'I need a plumber...' forum!

the avid DIYer who seems to have the knowledge and safe working practibility is worthy of some guidence in my opinion ... When it comes down to it we have the choice to answer or not. You'll not get it right all the time :)

its the answers being given by members of google that narks be, if advise is going to be given atleast it should be from somebody who knows what the inside of a boiler actually looks like.

Did the interesting method of testing the electricity supply come from google? Certainly much cheaper than a multimeter:mad2:

Good advice would be " make sure the back bedroom window is open and call it George may work" lol

Do you not start with the old pc / sky trick first though. Switch it off for 30 seconds and then back on :)

Ther'll always be the numpty who thinks they know what they're doing but obviously haven't got a clue. I'd say direct them to the 'I need a plumber...' forum! the fool who's spent a fortune in fear of being ripped off is an unfortunate victim of their own greed! Direct them towards 'I need a plumber...' forum!

the avid DIYer who seems to have the knowledge and safe working practibility is worthy of some guidence in my opinion ... When it comes down to it we have the choice to answer or not. You'll not get it right all the time :)

Problem is the answer to the person who has an idea is also available to the prize idiot who after reading it thinks he knows something.

So far I have walked away from 2 solar systems, 3 oil boilers and 2 stoves with back boilers all not working and didn't collect my call out charge, so what did all have in common?

A customer asking questions because he saw on a diy forum that the problem was definitley the pump, valve, next doors loud music etc

Pay me to fix it I do it my way, which is usually the way we all fault find start at the beginning and follow the fault.

I have no problem with a customer asking fair questions but if they already know the answer why did they call me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Back