boiler wont reset! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler wont reset! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mk1vanman

Hi came across your forum after looking through google because of a problem with my CH system, any help would be much appreciated folks!

Today the Mrs was on at me to bleed the Rads as they were cold at the top! So off i went to bleed them, at this point the heating was on! so i bled all upstairs rads (4 0ff) didnt need much bleeding at all, downstairs were all ok, so after i bleeding them i goto boiler(volkera linea range) it has pressure down to 0.8bar, so i top it up using the fill loop thingy!(not familiar with termanology!) pressure now at 1.5bar, but boiler still has 04 fault code which in the manual says low pressure, i have tried the reset procedure and trived switchin it off at the spur but no joy, this 04 fault code wont go away and boiler wont fire?!?

Any help would be great folks! Cheers!

sounds like dirt in low water pressure switch,high limit stat kicked in or you have killed the pump by bleeding with the boiler running you need to call a gas safe engineer

Could be that the selector switch spindle has broken. it'll still feel ok when using. you'll need a new selector knob. must remove both pcb's to fit it, a good GS engineer will know what to do.

the easy way to check is to turn the mode selector switch to the off position the digital display should go blank if the display is still evident then the plastic trimmer that goes between the mode selector switch and the pcb is broken and will need to be replaced if it is fine then check the low water pressure switch and pump hope this helps

thanks for the replies guys, when i switch the selector switch to the off position the 04 is still there and flashing! so would this point to the mode selector? if so what kind of price do these retail at roughly? jus so ive got a rough dea of what im up against!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Probably a pressure sensor still involved but...
Replies
Views
Could be in the cylinder cupboard,
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Back