boiler wont turn off, by control panel | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler wont turn off, by control panel in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magrumbles

my daughter has a potterton netaheat conventional system, with 2 tanks in loft and hot water cylinder. recently came home to find system not working. traced problem to a blown fuse in wiring panel . :)repleced fuse, 2 amp, boiler started but blew fuse in 2 seconds. byprocess of elimination found if disconnected pump , boiler started and fuse did not blow. replced pump with grandfos type. and all seamed well, apart from no hot water . moved diverter valve for hw manually hot water flowed heard lever returned under spring pressure. but now pump seems to work continually with boiler kicking in from timt to time. even with control panel set to hw and ch off. only way to stop it is to turn off mains supply. any ideas.:(

Sticking microswitch in valve. If you don't know or can't figure out how to get to it change the valve.

If it has a removable head,you can just replace that on the old body or if you have to change complete valve ,will have to drain down past valve to do so

imho

Thanks! Silly question but how can you tell which type it is?

What make of valve is it,if honeywell it has a bobble on the end of the head can be removed and if thick red pad between valve and head you have to replace complete valve

It is honeywell. We did some investigating last night and it was an electrical fault. There was one strand of wire from the yellow/green wire touching another. My Dad move the strand and the pump/boiler stopped. One of the valves does look like it might have been the fault as it was all rusty, but reading other threads, we could feel the pressure trying to move the switches manually on the valves when the system was off. We have tested the controller box and the pump/boiler now stops when both H/W and C/H options are off. Thank you to everyone for replying! Must appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Academic now but I installed one of these as a...
Replies
Views
M
The boiler (480k, serviced every year) will...
Replies
Views
MetMan
M
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
Best to get a gas safe engineer or vaillant...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Back