Boiler won’t turn off. Can anyone help? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler won’t turn off. Can anyone help? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hs1972

We're having problems with our Baxi system boiler. When both the heating and hot water turn off on the controller the boiler stays on, and keeps firing. However the issue is that it does this intermittently, it will go for a few days and be OK and then the problem will start again. This problem doesn’t occur when water only is on. We’ve changed the controller but this hasn’t helped. Can anyone help? Our system is around four years old.

is it outside and have you got a frost stat linked in a room thermostat nr to it and is set on 5

Model of boiler would help to see if it has an internal frost stat.

Many thanks to you both for replying to my post. To answer your questions:

The model of the boiler is Baxi System 60/100

I've had a quick look on the web: [DLMURL="http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/"]PartsArena[/DLMURL] as it appears this boiler is now discontinued, but there are full details on this site. This does mention frost stat, although when we had someone come out to look at it he didn't seem to think we have a frost stat. (I've double checked the model we have and the above is definitely correct.)

The boiler is in the kitchen but there isn't a frost stat linked into the room thermostat.

Don't know if this helps at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi did you sort your boiler out got the same problum have changed p c b stillthe samy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Sounds like a link issue possibly between the...
Replies
Views
Back