Boiler works ok on CH but goes to lockout when hw selected | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler works ok on CH but goes to lockout when hw selected in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

Just had a call from a customer, the central heating works fine but as soon as he turns off the ch and selects hw, the boiler locks out and requires a reset.

Any ideas? I am unable to get there until tomorrow evening.

It's S or Y plan, could it be a faulty bypass, div valve or no pump over run??

Just a couple of ideas. Baxi Solo 380 PF

Last edited:
2 port or 3 port not opening would be my first port of call buddy.

no circulation, boiler over heating. check gate/ balancing valve is open on coil before anything else.

Gate valve on coil pipe is open but looks worse for wear, said i will change that.

With CH off at programmer, rads still get hot when just on hot water. Motorised valve does not seem to be working as i switch between the hw and ch.

When just on HW the pump makes a bit of a racket and the vent pipe gets hot, if i stop the pump then start it again i can hear water shooting out of vent pipe and the pipe cools down.

CH seemed to be working fine.

It's a circulation issue. If all valves are opening correctly then possible blocked coil. This may be an instance where the Bg favoured PF is actually needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Which model combi? Have you checked heating...
Replies
Views
Back