boiler works | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler works in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
how many of you are getting to price boiler upgrades these days on your own works not subs ?

Mine has got less and less here last few months to point of none i know where i live their is alot of competition but lately it has ground to a halt not priced a boiler change for about 3 months ,what you guys doing to get them at the moment??

Same as you. Would like to know who is getting the boiler changes or are they just not being done.What are the figures like on boiler sales?

can imagine figures have gone through roof with eco but when it comes to private sales i dont seem to be pricing any at mo and not for few months

Funnily enough, I was the same but I did a boiler swap yesterday, got another to do in the next few weeks, and got a call yesterday to price another one. It's a funny market at the moment.

It's school holidays, sun has been shining, a lot of skint people all a bad combination. It's not a great time of the year for boiler changes. I'm sure the Eco deal hasn't helped. I'd like to see the return of the scrapage scheme.

Only had 2 in the last 2/3 Mths, Green Deal Etc. will squeeze out the sole trader won't be long B4 we no longer exist and we have to be employed by the big company's, Then what will happen to the price's ??

Just finished my second this month, 2 the previous month, swapping another on Tuesday, starting a ten day full install a week Monday and another full install booked in for the end of September. I'm getting a lot more boiler installs than I normally do at the moment.

That must be a sizable install them mike on 10 dayer

3 Storey Victorian terrace, system boiler, unvented, designer rads, rip out water heater upstairs and warmfront install in what was the ground floor flat. Includes new water main from inside the front door. I'll probably have it done quicker but I've allowed some slack in there because we are still not definite on some of the rad positions and it there are some awkward pipe runs. It's going to be a fussy job because all of the boards will be on show so no ripping stuff up, it's all got to be carefully removed. Looking at around twenty rads a mix of vertical flat panel, flat panel and steel column split into two heating zones.

It's going to be a fun one to do.

3 Storey Victorian terrace, system boiler, unvented, designer rads, rip out water heater upstairs and warmfront install in what was the ground floor flat. Includes new water main from inside the front door. I'll probably have it done quicker but I've allowed some slack in there because we are still not definite on some of the rad positions and it there are some awkward pipe runs. It's going to be a fussy job because all of the boards will be on show so no ripping stuff up, it's all got to be carefully removed. Looking at around twenty rads a mix of vertical flat panel, flat panel and steel column split into two heating zones.

It's going to be a fun one to do.

sounds like a great project. Nice to have something out of the ordinary to do.

6 years ago i was doing at least 4 boilers a month, think ive done three in a year its not just me everyone i speak to says the same its a mixture of the insurance schemes like bg homeserve etc and for me at least a big change in the demographics round here ive lost so many customers i had for years when theyve moved out to herts and essex from london

It is like that for me at mo get lots of little jobs but the earners seem to have gone luckily have some decent contract installs but my own works is carp

how many of you are getting to price boiler upgrades these days on your own works not subs ?

Mine has got less and less here last few months to point of none i know where i live their is alot of competition but lately it has ground to a halt not priced a boiler change for about 3 months ,what you guys doing to get them at the moment??

Seem to be getting enquiries for boiler quotes but can't compete with silly prices going around supply and fit £995 ! Just don't no how they are doing it.

funnily enough the no per yr has dropped over the last few years, but since April till now Ive been busy bunging them in, and this last 2 weeks to future zilge, but its august!

Been doing on average 2 a week since easter.
Got 3 to do next week, but had to re schedule due to slicing my hand open and needing 5 stitches.

I thought the Eco would have an effect, but to be honest it is rare that i do any work for people that the eco is aimed at.

Ive found it has been carp in the months april to mid june. Dec 2012 till april 2013 i was doing a min of 1 a week then just 1 till july since start of july done 4 and another booked in end of august. Funny old market. Prices are getting tighter aswell and having to shop around more and customers also shopping around more its a buyers market in the summer. Not so much in winter when desperation takes and they need heating and hot water. Gotta keep hoping for them long winters. And looking to do more bathroom refurbs or set up my own boiler insurance scheme (thats just an idle thought though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Yes I guess this is off / low temp ?
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
Back