Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flanners

Can anyone please recommend a boiler around (28kw) without a pump over run. Open vent conventional boiler!

Why on earth would you want to put a new boiler in rigged up to an open vent? Why not a system boiler?

Why so supprised? You don't need to change every system to a sealed system when you change a boiler?

you have the baxi solo,dont know what other alternatives there are,i can see you needing a open vent if a duel system set up or if pipe work in floors obviously system set up a lot better

Why so supprised? You don't need to change every system to a sealed system when you change a boiler?

I have a Gledhill boiler mate 2 which I have to run with this boiler. It has a built in 4minute pump over run and cannot be used in conjunction with another boiler with pump overrun as this would take to much heat from the thermal store. I know the boiler only needs to be sized to accomodate this thermal store but want to put in a boiler with a higher output to accomodate an unvented cylinder when the boiler mate packs in.

Hece the question.

well a baxi solo or main 30 heat only does not need a pump over run i will be honest i only fit baxis or potterton the solos not my favorite boiler,but i dont know of any alternatives

Quoted to remove cylinder and boiler.

Advised to fit Vaillant 630 Eco Tec, S-Plan, 210ltr Ultrasteel with a powerflush and magnaclean.

Just an update!

ive got a boiler mate running with a system bvoiler i just ripped out all the boiler mate electrics and run the boiler via the cylinder stat flow switch on main stops the heating pump when ho****er calls probably totally illegal nowdays but its worked for 20 years now
we used to be able to think for our selves that was where skill came in

I agree steve!

No manufacturer would guarantee there boiler unless the pump over-run was connected so i was over a barrel if I wanted to provide the best service and after sale service!!!

I agree steve!

No manufacturer would guarantee there boiler unless the pump over-run was connected so i was over a barrel if I wanted to provide the best service and after sale service!!!

As gasman said, the Baxi solo he range does not need a pump over run due to its large heat exchanger. This does not effect the warranty as Baxi state this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Consult your installer, they might want to fit...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
require my ng heat only 28kw floor standing...
Replies
Views
K
Is the set up you have now very poor or are...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back