boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stokedan1

hi guys, new to the forum but have been reading the posts on here for some time now, GREAT forum.

im doin my level 2 at the mo and just wanted someone clear something up for me, do you need to be gas safe registered to work on a combi if it doesnt involve gas, lets say to change the pump???

i have asked tutors at college but they seem reluctant to give a straight answer, understandable as they probably dont want to give students the idea they can work on parts they shoudnt be

Thanks in advance for your replies

If it is in the boilers yes you need to be gas safe registered.

You need to be Gas Safe reg, as once you have worked on the boiler you have to carry out all safety checks.

Ultimately when the fan is covered in dodo you have to prove competence! At least having the qualifications under your belt gives you some credence! What if you change a pump on an appliance that is spewing fumes into a conservatory! You'll be bricking' it when the fuzz come knocking!

It's a grey area when it comes to best advice to give. On this forum there's plenty times when you're rubbing up against what is "best advice" to give. I try to pitch in at peoples levels of awareness and help best I can on that judgement. I wont always get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Will I find it somewhere amongst these photos...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
D
If HSE doesn’t apply to domestic properties...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back