boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shank50_1

I have a linea 24 combi,central heating is fine but when i run a bath the boiler fires up but the water dont get hot there are no warning lights or error codes the light stays green the water goes from warm to cold i am housesitting for a friend who is in australia for 6 months,can anyone help? engineer said the boiler is obsolete but im not buying that as i have seen parts advertised on the web.could it be the pcb,gas vallve divertor? would like to try a cheap fix if possible,have repaired boilers but not combis .help!

Well I'm afraid you would struggle to find a cheap Gas safe registered engineer. You might if your lucky. Well if you fixed boilers in the past then you must know what the problem is?

Perhaps the engineer who has seen it means it is not cost effective to repair it.

sorry shank but the forum rules state we cant help you as you may fix yourself placing yourself in danger. I would however try simply reducing how far you open the tap and seeing if that helps. If that doesnt work get a 2nd engineer in.

sorry shank but the forum rules state we cant help you as you may fix yourself placing yourself in danger. I would however try simply reducing how far you open the tap and seeing if that helps. If that doesnt work get a 2nd engineer in.

Hi im not an idiot and would not place myself in danger! i know my capabilities and would never mess with the gas side of things however i would clean a heat exchanger! and am confident doing any mechanical work(i served an apprentiship in mech engineering sorry if i confused the issue.kind regards John.ps i already stated i tried that! obviously that restricts the flow of water giving the boiler more time to heat the water! i suspect maybe the heat exchanger ! i would never attempt to repair anything i couldnt cope with but have met gas so called engineers who aint got a clue and will take money without an y idea of the problem! meaning they cant fix it so new boiler! i dont bilieve any of it!

Hi Michael,i understand your concerns what i meant was on my boiler the fault was a red light cut out warning ! replaced P.C.B. job done! not rocket science l know that !

Hi Michael,i understand your concerns what i meant was on my boiler the fault was a red light cut out warning ! replaced P.C.B. job done! not rocket science l know that !
did you check operation after you had changed pcb ? did you rate it ? you sound like an idiot to me :)

Hi stoker i agree! but it cant be a major fault as ! central heating is working fine 2 when tap is opened hot water is demanding heat and boiler ignites. 3 water is heating to a warm temperature so could be the thermometer! ps im not slating all heating engineers but some dont help and say you need a new boiler tells me its easier to replace.

REplaced pcb and boiler has worked now for over a year ! god what an idiot i am but a bit richer .lose the attitude i dont want to swear on here! carbon monoxide! oh that deadly gas that comes from your exhaust!

Dancin plumba as stated earlier its not my property so am limited to what i can do! if it was mine i would replace with a boioler with enough capability please dont tar everyone with same brush!

REplaced pcb and boiler has worked now for over a year ! god what an idiot i am but a bit richer .lose the attitude i dont want to swear on here! carbon monoxide! oh that deadly gas that comes from your exhaust!
and is it working correctly ? doubt it

Dancin plumba as stated earlier its not my property so am limited to what i can do! if it was mine i would replace with a boioler with enough capability please dont tar everyone with same brush!

reiterate for you,

24kw equates to about 9lts/min raised 35c, will take an age to fill a bath.
do you not know this ?

what is the temp like at other taps nearer the boiler? As dp says the boiler is likely to be simply underpowed for the job at 9ltrs a min. By testing water at other outlets you will be able to give a better pic. i have a 23kw boiler and have to reduce to less than 7ltrs a min to get hot water at the bath.

Hi Michael as stated i am housesitting for a friend who is in Australia,he never mentioned this problem but i suspect the boiler is insufficient or as we say not fit for purpose, just thought i could help out but looks like a new boiler is needed thanks for your help anyway.ps i replaced pcb on my own boiler which is not a combi !sorry for the confusion! dancin plumb already answered my question i think all b it as an a----e

Hi Michael as stated i am housesitting for a friend who is in Australia,he never mentioned this problem but i suspect the boiler is insufficient or as we say not fit for purpose, just thought i could help out but looks like a new boiler is needed thanks for your help anyway.ps i replaced pcb on my own boiler which is not a combi !sorry for the confusion! dancin plumb already answered my question i think all b it as an a----e
oh dear some letters are missing ha ha

You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Edited original response, as for some reason...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back