Boilermag isolation valve leaking | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilermag isolation valve leaking in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the isolation valves supplied with magnetic filters can be poor quality and this one on my boilermag is leaking from the spindle. It only seems to happen first thing in the morning when there's a pool of water underneath it. It took some time to identify it as the source, as it doesn't always leak (although it is dripping right now - possibly because I touched it).

Is there an alternative I can buy to replace this? Preferably a better quality one which doesn't leak. I searched 28mm to 1" isolation valve, as I believe that is the size on the boilermag side (the copper is 28mm), but didn't find anything I can source locally. I also couldn't find an identical replacement part.

Any temporary fixes I can do to stop it dumping water every morning??

I would say new filter time as probably the plastic threads have gone soft

New filter is planned, as fed up of this one. It's rotated 90 degrees, which isn't ideal and probably isnt working properly, as that's the only position the main body doesn't leak from.

Out of interest, I'm thinking Magnaclean Pro 2 XP or the TF1 Omega. Which of those 2 would you recommend? I'm also thinking of having the guy put full bore lever isolation valves either side so I don't have to use the supplied isolation valves.

Is there anything I can use or put on the existing valves to stop the leak for a month or so until I have the new filter put in (it's being put in as part of a bigger job, so can't be done sooner as pipework is being altered).

I'm a maggy man myself

And other than drying it off and either getting some leak tape or bodging it with mastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Replace the seal if it looks like one in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nice one. Thanks. Got them off and was able to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you all for the responses, exactly the...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Back