Boilermate 2000 Hot Water Problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilermate 2000 Hot Water Problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marct0603

Hi, not sure if anyone can help!
i have a boilermate 2000, which is linked to a Pottern.
The problem is the hot water constantly goes cold, then very hot, then cold, then warm, etc etc etc.
Mostly on showering and a bath is a no-go as the water runs cold straight away.
I am trying to find someone around the swindon area that would be able to fix the problem. I think it is the PHE or DHW sensor, and i have bought one but would not be able to even start to replace it.

Can anyone shed any light or help?!
cheers
marc

If you live in a hard water area the plate heat exchanger is probably scaled up. It can be cleaned with a descaler or spirits of salt works quicker (but watch how you use it).
A sign that it is the phe is your flow rate from the cold taps will be greater than the hot.
If you don't feel up to doing it youself any decent plumber would be able to do it

Marc
More than likely the sensor.Did one two days ago.
Not that hard to do if you are a competent Diyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Back